Recipe adapted just slightly
2/3 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 stick unsalted butter, room temp.
1 1/3 c. brown sugar
1 c. creamy peanut butter
1 t. vanilla extract
1 c. semi-sweet choco chips
4 T. butter
1 c. marshmallow fluff (next time, I plan to use homemade- I LOVE homemade marshmallows)
1. Preheat oven to 375. Sift together dry ingredients; set aside.
2. Combine butter, sugar, and PB until smooth & creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth. Scrape down bowl and beat in flour mixture until just combined.
3. Scoop 1 inch balls of dough onto silicone or parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake 8-9 minutes. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then in the fridge for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine chocolate chips and remaining butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave about one minute, until melted. Separately, heat marshmallow fluff for about 20 seconds to soften.
5. Once chilled, spread the bottoms of half the cookies with marshmallow, and the other half with chocolate. Squish slightly to sandwich together!
Makes about 2 dozen.
Made a few chocolate-free for Chlo-bo, just like she takes her S'mores.
Thank you, Julie. My family was very happy today!